- Stop calling people who practice palm reading, scrying, and tarot readings g*psies
- Stop calling women who wear head scarves and flowing skirts and metal jewelry g*psies
- Stop calling nomadic people g*psies
- Stop calling free-spirited people g*psies
- Stop calling hippies g*psies
- Stop using the term g*psy in your title, header, url or links you put on posts
- Stop thinking that Hollywood “g*psies” are actual accurate representations of the Romani people
Fun facts about the word g*psy
- It’s a slur
- If you’re a white bread kid calling yourself a g*psy it’s bullshit and racist
- If you know people of Roma descent and they say g*psy, that’s their right because it is a word that they can choose to reclaim or use but you can’t (think of it like the “n” word. You may now POC’s that use it but you shouldn’t if you aren’t a POC because that’s not right)
- The term being “gypped” or being cheated or swindled originated from the racist slur g*psy so try saying something less fucking racist like “i got ripped off”
- Stop using that fucking word because it’s racist
- it’s not up for debate
- don’t do it
What you can call them instead:
- Roma/Romani (because that is the commonly accepted term to cover all branches and groups of the Romani peoples)
- If you know that someone falls under the blanket term Roma, ask them what they would preferred to be referred to as because that’s just as fucking important as using the proper pronouns believe it or not
Someone from another minority which is regularly ignored, fetishized, and disrespected through the use of racist terms that people can’t get through their thick fucking skulls
Small note on what’s mentioned regarding “PoC” using the N word; no, if you aren’t Black you shouldn’t be using the N word.
Words you can use to describe yourself instead of g*psy:
Use those words and don’t be racist.
That came in like a wrecking ball.
All These Things That I’ve Done by The Killers
"I got soul, but I’m not a soldier"
how the hell did we get the idea pink isn’t a cool colour
because scientifically speaking pink doesn’t even exist; it fits between violet and red on the spectrum but actually what goes there is infrared and ultraviolet and all those things we can’t see
pink is the ambassador of an otherworldly and unknowable realm it is the most badass colour out there
Barbapapa, photographer Isabelle Chapuis
this is fuckin brilliant
I luh dis